FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

VIP Scaler II 12.0 register map

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So the 12.0 VIP Suite User Guide appears to have lagged the 12.0 product release, which is unfortunate as the Scaler II register map has changed in this release. In case anybody is interested in using this before the docs catch up I have uploaded a couple of word documents that briefly describe the changes and hopefully give enough info to use the core.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you, 

Is there a referance S/W code for the ScalerII 12.0? 

BR,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The reference SW code for the 12.0 Scaler II is available as part of the UDX5 reference design that is available to download. If you have any trouble getting hold of this I can dig out a copy and post it here. 

Also, I forgot to add before that the control register (address 0 in the register map) now also enables and disables the edge adaptive features of the Scaler II at runtime. Bit 0 of the control register is still the master 'go' bit as before, but now bit 1 enables and disables the edge adaptive coefficient selection and bit 2 enables and disables the edge adaptive sharpening.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you very much. 

I will try to download.
0 Kudos