FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5884 Discussions

VIP Suite (CVI, Frame Buffer, CVO) Vertical Ancillary packet problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I need help on how to successfully transport the Vertical Ancillary (VANC) packet from with the configuration below. 

----(embedded video sync)---> CVI ---> Frame Buffer ---> CVO ----(embedded video sync)----> 

The input video format is 1080i60, Vertical ancillary packet at lines 19 and 20 for Field 0 and lines 582 and 583 for Field 1. 

CVI setting : Extract ancillary packet (checked) 

Frame Buffer setting: Set the value of non-video packet handling setting to maximum. 

CVO setting : set the appropriate ancillary insertion lines 

The problem is that all the vertical ancillary packet has been concatenated in line 19 of Field 0 as seen on the output of CVO. 

When I tried to simulate using a smaller video size (i.e. 128x128) and set the ancillary line for Field 1 to the appropriate line number for 128x128 video size, I have noticed that cause of the concatenation is from the Frame Buffer. 

I am using Quartus 14.1. 

Does anyone experienced this problem? 

Thank you. 

Zeahr
0 Kudos
0 Replies