FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

VIP Trace System Licensing Error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am attempting to build a new project using a new qsys-based system I designed (Quartus 14.1 Web), and all goes well, until I assemble and get a license issue: 

Warning (115003): Can't generate programming files for your current project because you do not have a valid license for the following IP core or cores. Warning (115005): Unlicensed IP: "VIP Trace System(6AF7 00ED)" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_event_packet_encode.sv" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_latency_1_to_latency_0.sv" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_generic_step_count.v" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_trigger_sync.v" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_pkg.sv" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_fifo.v" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_video_input_bridge.sv" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_sync.v" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_event_packet_decode.sv" Warning (115004): Unlicensed encrypted design file: "C:/Altera/Projects/VIPTest/VIPTest/synthesis/submodules/alt_vip_common_video_packet_decode.sv"  

VIP falls under the OpenCore Evaluation License, and I should be able to generate a time-limited sof on this design, but it is not working. 

I have another project that uses nearly exactly the same design, only it uses the soon-to-be deprecated Clocked Video Output 1 (Using 2, the 4k ready model). 

Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had the same problem and a similar one with the Test Pattern Generator II. My current solution is to use the soon-to-be-deprecated version instead of the most recent one.

0 Kudos