FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5745 Discussions

Valid License for Dsp builder in Trial Version of Quartus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Dear Members 

I was trying to simulate some tutorial examples. While compiling i get following error. Its something about license. I already have license for Matlab 2013. Do i need to have separate license for DSP builder. I am using Quartus trial version.Thanks for helping. 

Matlab Error 

Error using alt_dspbuilder_mdl2xml (line 36) 

Java exception occurred:  

com.altera.dspbuilder.common.DSPBuilderException: Unable to obtain a DSP Builder license. Please check that your LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to a valid license file or license server. LM_LICENSE_FILE is currently "". 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Contact your Altera FAE or from whomever you got the trial license. If you have not explicitly requested to include a DSP Builder license it is unlikely that it is included. If you use the Quartus Web edition it does not include a DSP Builder license.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Thanks schmalish. I will get license soon.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

The Quartus II license does not include the DSP builder, therefore, you have to contact your local sales representative to generate a 60 days evaluation license. Please note that, you must have a matlab license as well, which does not given by Altera.