FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Where could I find Windows driver for Agilex F series P-tile and F-tile PCIe endpoints?

chunxi_yu
Employee

I got a Agilex F 014 R24A (P-tile) and a Agilex F 027 R24C (F-tile) with PCIe connecting to a Windows machine. But I don't seem to find Windows drivers for each of them.

Could someone point me to where the drivers are? Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Chunxi

0 Kudos
7 Replies
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out, Normally the driver is included in the design example where you can get in the FPGA design store.

You may try to run the design example and check if it is running well.

Regards,

WeiChuan_C_Intel

0 Kudos
chunxi_yu
Employee

Hi WeiChuan,

Thanks for the information!

I checked FPGA Design Store | Intel and find that Agilex only has 7 examples there without PCI related examples.

So I just used Quartus to generate the PCIe AVST and MCDMA example design. There is a software directory under both design root. But they seems like linux drivers.

I don't see any option I could modify that looked like Linux/Windows when generating the example design. Is it because my Quartus is running under Linux and it is a linux version? Do I have to install a Windows version Quartus and generate the example design to get a Windows driver or is there only Linux driver for Quartus generated designs?

Thanks,

Chunxi

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi Chunxi,

There is specific driver needs to be install.

You can try to install Windows version Quartus and generate the design example.

If you facing any problem/error, feel free to get back to us anytime

Regards,

WeiChuan_C_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi Chunxi,

There is no specific driver needs to be install.

You can try to install Windows version Quartus and generate the design example.

If you facing any problem/error, feel free to get back to us anytime

Regards,

WeiChuan_C_Intel

0 Kudos
chunxi_yu
Employee

Hi,

I have tried Windows version Quartus to generate a F-tile Agilex PCIe AVST IP example design but found only Linux drivers under software/.

So is it that Intel is really not providing this Windows driver? Or is there any Windows PCIe endpoint driver that originally designed for other parts could be used with these two parts?

Thanks,

Chunxi

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi Chunxi,

For the P-tile Avalon® Streaming Intel® FPGA IP for PCI Express* Design Example 

If referring to the user guide Session 1.5. Hardware and Software Requirements

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683038/22-1-8-0-0/hardware-and-software-requirements.html

For this specific IP/Design it only supports CentOS Linux at the moment.

wchiah_0-1653528078808.png

Will update you if there is any change in the future.

Regards,
WeiChuan_C_Intel

0 Kudos
chunxi_yu
Employee

Hi,

I checked further in  FPGA Design Store | Intel and found there is a Windows driver for Arria10/StratixV PCIe AVMM IP DMA.

But the driver does not contain source code because it is used under the GUI delivered along with the driver.

chunxi_yu_0-1654756880525.png

Could anyone share if there is source code available? So I can find some way to develop Windows driver for Agilex PCIe DMA usage?

Thanks,

Chunxi

0 Kudos