FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Where's the Avalon Microsequencer???

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I finally found a good app for the Microsequencer. But I don't see it in the SOPC Builder v9.1, nor does google return non-stale documentation on it. 

Did Altera remove it from SOPC Builder??? :confused: 

-- Pete
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe I know the guy who wrote it. Let me ask him about it. Alternatively, you can try copying it over to the \altera\91\ip\altera\sopc_builder_components directory from an old install. 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok I tracked down an instantiated version of the uSequencer from an old project. I added some stuff to it (code update port) and gave it a GUI so it's risen from the ashes! 

I originally tried to install the version I had but it said I required Quartus v3.0 or later ... I have Quartus v9.1! Anyways, the .ptf file would have probably been completely useless in the latest SOPC Builder.  

Thanks for your efforts though! 

-- Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I spoke to the designer. He said the component needed to be updated for 9.1. He was going to look into it. Sounds like you got it figured out. 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

which version of old Quartus do i need to install, when i want to use Avalon microsequencer? 

I tried to use install from  

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/avalon_microsequencer 

but it told me, that i need to have Quartus SOPC Builder 3.0 and later. I have Quartus 13 with QSys and Quartus 12 with SOPC Builder, but it doesnt work. 

Thank you very much. 

Honza Naceradsky
0 Kudos