FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Which license I need to purchase?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using the AVGZ chip for 1G/10G Ethernet design. In my project I use the [1G/10 Gbps Ethernet PHY IP Core] IP core. 

After compile in QII I get some warning: 

warning (12188): opencore plus hardware evaluation feature is turned on for the following cores 

warning (12190): "10gbase-r pcs-pma " will use the opencore plus hardware evaluation feature 

warning (12190): "10gbase-kr pcs-pma" will use the opencore plus hardware evaluation feature 

warning (12190): "1000base-x pcs/gmii for 10gbase-kr" will use the opencore plus hardware evaluation feature 

warning (265072): messages from megafunction that supports opencore plus feature 

In xcvr_user_guide.pdf the IP core [1G/10 Gbps Ethernet PHY IP Core] only need the 0106(Product ID) License.  

I don't sure if I need to purchase all the three IP core's for my project. Or the 0106(Product ID) IP core is enough.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would talk to your FAE/Sales rep. 

Licensing it their job Purchasing the 1G/10G core may actually give you multiple license key lines for various all the cores you have, but I can't say that for sure. 

Pete
0 Kudos