FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5988 Discussions

Which license I need to purchase?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using the AVGZ chip for 1G/10G Ethernet design. In my project I use the [1G/10 Gbps Ethernet PHY IP Core] IP core. 

After compile in QII I get some warning: 

warning (12188): opencore plus hardware evaluation feature is turned on for the following cores 

warning (12190): "10gbase-r pcs-pma " will use the opencore plus hardware evaluation feature 

warning (12190): "10gbase-kr pcs-pma" will use the opencore plus hardware evaluation feature 

warning (12190): "1000base-x pcs/gmii for 10gbase-kr" will use the opencore plus hardware evaluation feature 

warning (265072): messages from megafunction that supports opencore plus feature 

In xcvr_user_guide.pdf the IP core [1G/10 Gbps Ethernet PHY IP Core] only need the 0106(Product ID) License.  

I don't sure if I need to purchase all the three IP core's for my project. Or the 0106(Product ID) IP core is enough.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would talk to your FAE/Sales rep. 

Licensing it their job Purchasing the 1G/10G core may actually give you multiple license key lines for various all the cores you have, but I can't say that for sure. 

Pete