FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Writing to control and status register from the code and from system console scripts

LSant1
New Contributor I

How can I write to a control and status register from the code and the system console script?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Once you've set up a master path in System Console, use a master_write command to write to a particular address location. Check out this online training to learn more about System Console:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/course/oemb1117.html

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
LSant1
New Contributor I

I am able to write from the console. But if csr write is set to 1 in the code, I cannot write from the console script.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I don't understand. Can you post the code and exactly what is happening?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
LSant1
New Contributor I

Currently I am setting registers from the console and am trying to pass the values from the code. But I still want console access for debug. For example, I wrote to the MAC reset control register in Arria10 (0x08FF). I am able to set it and reset it from the console when csr write in the code is 0. But if I set csr write to 1 in the code, then am not able to write to change the value from the console.

0 Kudos
LSant1
New Contributor I

I am using the 10G MAC design example which has the address decoder block. I want to hook up the 10G core to another bus and set the registers from it. But I still want to be able to run scripts to change these registers from the system console. Is that possible?

0 Kudos