FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

Writing to control and status register from the code and from system console scripts

LSant1
New Contributor I

How can I write to a control and status register from the code and the system console script?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Once you've set up a master path in System Console, use a master_write command to write to a particular address location. Check out this online training to learn more about System Console:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/course/oemb1117.html

#iwork4intel

LSant1
New Contributor I

I am able to write from the console. But if csr write is set to 1 in the code, I cannot write from the console script.

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I don't understand. Can you post the code and exactly what is happening?

#iwork4intel

LSant1
New Contributor I

Currently I am setting registers from the console and am trying to pass the values from the code. But I still want console access for debug. For example, I wrote to the MAC reset control register in Arria10 (0x08FF). I am able to set it and reset it from the console when csr write in the code is 0. But if I set csr write to 1 in the code, then am not able to write to change the value from the console.

LSant1
New Contributor I

I am using the 10G MAC design example which has the address decoder block. I want to hook up the 10G core to another bus and set the registers from it. But I still want to be able to run scripts to change these registers from the system console. Is that possible?