FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5920 Discussions

a question about the effiency of HPC II?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Now I use HPC ii to operate two ddr2 chip(parallel connet to the FPGA,act as a 32 bit data bus ddr2),and the operate mode is full rate,  

and I have 10 input ports to write to and 10 output ports to read from the 32 bit ddr2, each time I will write 64bit*8 datas to or read 64bit*8 datas from ddr2, but I have notice when I simulate the HPC II,that after I assert the local_read_req and local_burst signal ,almost delay about 30 phy_clk,and then the HPC II assert the local_rdata_valid,in the 30 phy_clk,can I do something? 

Can I do operate the HPC II to write to or read from the DDR2 in the 30 phy_clk delay ??? 

In the situation switching to write 64bit*8 datas to or read 64bit*8 datas from the DDR2 via the hpcii with full mode each time, how much value of effiency the HPC II will be?? Wil the 30 phy_clk delay influence the effiency ? 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10329&stc=1
0 Kudos
0 Replies