FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5949 Discussions

about xcvr_vccr_vcct_voltage set

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi all,

I have one question:

if the Vccr_GXB = 1.07v, so the xcvr_vccr_vcct_voltage is 1_0V or 1_1V? Which one will be the best setting? If I set xcvr_vccr_vcct_voltage to 1_0V is okay? For data rate = 12Gbps, will I need to set xcvr_vccr_vcct_voltage to 1_1V?

FPGA TYPE : arria 10, 10ax115n2f45e1sg

Brs,

Lambert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Deshi_Intel

Welcome.

So, if your on board power supply typical value is 1.03V and may fluctuate till max 1.06V/1.07v then maybe still fine but if your typical value is already 1.06v/1.07v then it's a bit high and out of recommended operation condition from Arria 10 datasheet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI Lambert,

FPGA TYPE : arria 10, 10ax115n2f45e1sg

Quartus setting of 0.9V, 1.0V and 1.1V basically correspond to on board supply of 0.95V, 1.03V and 1.12V.

• 1.1V/1.12V setting is only applicable to GT channel only while I presume you are using GX channel

For GX channel, Transceiver speedgrade of 2, data rate = 12G,

In general, you can always refer to A10 datasheet doc for the guidance of correct transceiver power supply to be used.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi dlim,

Thanks for your help,  just because I provide one  very close value to 1.06v(maximum, 1.07v just because of the power accuracy adjustment). And from your information, I got the indication of 0_9v, 1_0v, 1_1v, thanks.

Brs,

Lambert

Deshi_Intel

Welcome.

So, if your on board power supply typical value is 1.03V and may fluctuate till max 1.06V/1.07v then maybe still fine but if your typical value is already 1.06v/1.07v then it's a bit high and out of recommended operation condition from Arria 10 datasheet.

lambert_yu
Beginner
Deshi_Intel

No problem !