FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

altera gmii to sgmii ip timing problem

gcohe5
Novice

hi,

i’m trying to run the a10_soc_devkit_sgmii (arria 10) project (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/GSRD181ReleaseNotes#Release_Contents 1) with some modifications.

I’m running into some timing issues that seem to be from the altera_gmii_to_sgmii ip. 

attached is a screenshot from the report and the project archive.

thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kenny_Tan

You can take a look in this design, rewrite the sdc according to this design and see if you can meet the timing. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

You will also need to take a look at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/a10_handbook.pdf

page 183 although this is A10, It should be apply to all device.

Basically, it mention that you need a different IO standards if your frequencies running too high.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any update?

0 Kudos
EFroh
Beginner

Hi,

Rewriting the SDC according to the cv_soc_rgmii_5csxfc6 design didn't help me.

I attached an archive of the project, can you please help me with this timing issue?

(The project qpf is under fpga/synth/evb3022_synth)

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

I get a lot of error when try to compile the project

Error: Error opening /data/ts_farm/kentan/2019/October/Forum_rgmii/a.0/fpga/ip/qsys/nios_qsys/ip/nios_qsys/mutex_2_h2f_nios_0.ip. 

Error: Error opening /data/ts_farm/kentan/2019/October/Forum_rgmii/a.0/fpga/ip/qsys/nios_qsys/ip/nios_qsys/nios_qsys_timer_0.ip. 

Error: Error opening /data/ts_farm/kentan/2019/October/Forum_rgmii/a.0/fpga/ip/qsys/nios_qsys/ip/nios_qsys/mutex_3_to_h2f_bridge_0.ip. 

Can you make sure that your ip directory zip down all the necessary files?

0 Kudos
EFroh
Beginner

Hi,

I added some files. please try the attached ZIP:

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Thanks, I manage to run the full compilation on your design.

Did you follow the constrain provided in cv_soc_rgmii_5csxfc6.qar files? As I compare the sdc that you have written, there are some missing clock like the create_generated clock which is use of the switch.

Can you review your sdc again and match with the example above?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any update?

0 Kudos