FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

altera gmii to sgmii ip timing problem

gcohe5
Novice

hi,

i’m trying to run the a10_soc_devkit_sgmii (arria 10) project (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/GSRD181ReleaseNotes#Release_Contents 1) with some modifications.

I’m running into some timing issues that seem to be from the altera_gmii_to_sgmii ip. 

attached is a screenshot from the report and the project archive.

thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kenny_Tan

You can take a look in this design, rewrite the sdc according to this design and see if you can meet the timing. Let me know how it goes.

Kenny_Tan

You will also need to take a look at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/a10_handbook.pd...

page 183 although this is A10, It should be apply to all device.

Basically, it mention that you need a different IO standards if your frequencies running too high.

Kenny_Tan

any update?

EFroh
Beginner

Hi,

Rewriting the SDC according to the cv_soc_rgmii_5csxfc6 design didn't help me.

I attached an archive of the project, can you please help me with this timing issue?

(The project qpf is under fpga/synth/evb3022_synth)

Thanks,

Kenny_Tan

I get a lot of error when try to compile the project

Error: Error opening /data/ts_farm/kentan/2019/October/Forum_rgmii/a.0/fpga/ip/qsys/nios_qsys/ip/nios_qsys/mutex_2_h2f_nios_0.ip. 

Error: Error opening /data/ts_farm/kentan/2019/October/Forum_rgmii/a.0/fpga/ip/qsys/nios_qsys/ip/nios_qsys/nios_qsys_timer_0.ip. 

Error: Error opening /data/ts_farm/kentan/2019/October/Forum_rgmii/a.0/fpga/ip/qsys/nios_qsys/ip/nios_qsys/mutex_3_to_h2f_bridge_0.ip. 

Can you make sure that your ip directory zip down all the necessary files?

EFroh
Beginner

Hi,

I added some files. please try the attached ZIP:

Thanks,

Kenny_Tan

Thanks, I manage to run the full compilation on your design.

Did you follow the constrain provided in cv_soc_rgmii_5csxfc6.qar files? As I compare the sdc that you have written, there are some missing clock like the create_generated clock which is use of the switch.

Can you review your sdc again and match with the example above?

Kenny_Tan

any update?