FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

click IP but can't launch the gui in Quartus 14.0

fxu001
Novice

Hello,

1. For some reason, some of existing IPs don't have "vho" files, so ModelSim gets fail for vcom-7. I want to click IP icon to regenerate vho file in Quartus 14.0, but click steps won't affect in the tool. Do you know which step get missing that cause this issue?
  2. I read altera_mem_if_qdrii_phy_core_hw.tcl file in the Quartus 14.0, it suppose to generate vho file, but I did not see that file. I also see the Altera online support, Quartus either generates vho or vo file for the simulation automatically.
  3. My RTL gives another colleague to try it, he met same problem as mine which the mouse click won't launch the IP window. Basically all IPs such as pll, phy and etc won't response my mouse. As a result, I think it might have some setting issue instead of env issue

My main question is which switch can cause mouse click step won't work?

Thanks,

-Fred

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Hi Fred,

Since you are using old version of Quartus. You can use native link to setup the simulation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmVVXQchv2c

From there, it will show you the correct steps and you can refer to the scripts that it used.

Also, you need to turn on the netlist generation in the megawizard as well.

I would suggest you upgrade to latest release of Quartus 18.1 if the device that you use permit.

0 Kudos
fxu001
Novice
Hi KTan, Great. Now I have another issue: for some reason, when I launch the Tools -> Run Simulation Tool -> RTL simulation, Quartus II will re-generate "do" file that contains to read vho file. If I comment out vho file within do file, ModelSim can bypass that point. Now for some reason Quartus looks know I will overwrite do file; then, it will generate do file before I overwrite it. As a result, Now I can't bypass that point. My question: Do you know how to disable Quartus to generate do file in every times? Thanks -Fred
0 Kudos
fxu001
Novice
Hi KTan, I am fine now since I can launch do file using "do command.do" in the Transcript pane if there is a different time latency from Quartus II to generate update version. Basically I can manually update "do" file that I think it is okay version for me; then, I launch it again in Transcript pane. Although the steps are tedious, it is doable without block me:) Please keep this case until Wednesday. Thank you so much for you support! -Fred
0 Kudos
fxu001
Novice
Hi KTan, Can you generate file for cyclonev_phy_2ch_reconfig.vho? For some reason, I can generate phy RTL, but it did not include this file. Thanks, -Fred
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Hi Fred,

1) Which IP/megafunction that you were actually using?

2) can you attached your design.qar file to have a look?

Thanks

0 Kudos
fxu001
Novice
Hi KTan, I am fine now, so please close this case. thank you so much for your great support:)\ Thanks, -Fred
0 Kudos