FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

clock control intel FPGA IP

ymiler
Employee

Hi 

My  version of Quartus  Prime is 22.3 

I try to generate clock control IP for the device startix 10 

When I define 2 input clocks the option to ensure glitch free  changed to gray and I get message that this feature isn't supported by this Quartus release as you see below :

ymiler_1-1672904977525.png

My question is : When will you intend to enable this option ? I need it for my design 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out Intel FPGA Community.

If you refer to the Clock Control Block (ALTCLKCTRL) IP Core User Guide, it has mention that when you are using the glitch free switchover feature, the clock you are switching from must be active. If it is not active, the switchover circuit will not be able to transition from the clock you originally selected. Refer link below for the user guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/content-details/654442/clock-control-block-altclkctrl-ip-core-user-guide.html?wapkw=clock%20control%20intel%20fpga%20ip&DocID=654442

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
ymiler
Employee

Hi

Your answer relevant to opertinal work with the this :

when you are using the glitch free switchover feature, the clock you are switching from must be active. If it is not active, the switchover circuit will not be able to transition from the clock you originally selected. Refer link below for the user guide

But my question is about the ability to enable the option of " ensure glitch free clock switchover "

I dont have the option enable this option at all and I get message that this feature isn't supported by this Quartus (my ver is 22.3)

When will you intend to enable this option ? which version this option will suuport ?

Yishay 

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Not sure why you're going through this again.  The feature is not available in S10 as discussed in your prior post: https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/Glitch-less-clock/m-p/1437771.

0 Kudos
ymiler
Employee

sure , 

Just want to know when  will you intend to enable this option at this device 

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

As stated by Intel at the bottom of your last post, the feature is simply not available in Stratix 10 so it will never get enabled there.

0 Kudos
ymiler
Employee

Thank you

You can close this case

0 Kudos
OrF
Employee

Hi

at the bottom of the post "https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/Glitch-less-clock/m-p/1437771" 

is written  " glitch free clock switchover option is not available in any of the Clock Control IP for Stratix 10 at the moment " 

therefore it was not clear if there is any Stx10 - HW constraint that prevents from implementing it ... or it will be implemented in the future ... 

moreover the error you are getting from Quartus (once trying to enable the glitch free" ) is error related to "Quartus Version" and not to the Stx10 HW which is used - which increase the confusion . 

anyway - the answer is clear now - that in Stx10 there is no glitch free mux now and in the future .

Or. 

0 Kudos