FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

ddr3 altmemphy problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i use the mega altmemphy to produce a ddr3 controller,sim is ok,(200us mem_rst_n gets high,700us begin ini),but on board,i cannot get any result,how should i verify it? 

In signaltap ,mem_rst_n is always low,complete is low ,almost everyone is low,oh i'm going crazy...
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In Quartus: Tools -> External Memory Interface Toolkit. Wait for all JTAG connections to be discovered and wait for UniPHY to respond with the results. You'll see PLL status and controller status.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank u ,i try

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i use toolkit takes me this message: 

this releases of the debuggui does not match the veision of the altmemphy,.... and the result is an error,to cantact altera  

the version is which? my QII is 11.0,must i download 11.1?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the toolkit you mentioned is used for uinphy?i'm not sure,when i use it,message me no uniphy. I USE ALEMEMPHY,so i download a new toolkit named TOOLKIT_GUI,esp for altmemphy,So Mr Socrates(I just noticed your name,soooooory ),could U give me more Sugg?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank u again!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The latest progress,the signal 'ctl_cal_fail' turns to hign in 806us after rst,means what ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

always @ the same times everytime

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Read UniPHY User Guide. Check that signal. Anyway, I suppose the controller fails DDR3 calibration.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

set location assignment PIN - xxx -to termination_blk0~ _rdn_pad 

set location assignment PIN - xxx -to termination_blk0~ _rup_pad 

final is ok,do u know why?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, these resistors are dedicated for calibration purpose. Check schematics and again, READ USER GUIDE.

0 Kudos