FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

ddr3 altmemphy problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i use the mega altmemphy to produce a ddr3 controller,sim is ok,(200us mem_rst_n gets high,700us begin ini),but on board,i cannot get any result,how should i verify it? 

In signaltap ,mem_rst_n is always low,complete is low ,almost everyone is low,oh i'm going crazy...
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In Quartus: Tools -> External Memory Interface Toolkit. Wait for all JTAG connections to be discovered and wait for UniPHY to respond with the results. You'll see PLL status and controller status.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank u ,i try

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i use toolkit takes me this message: 

this releases of the debuggui does not match the veision of the altmemphy,.... and the result is an error,to cantact altera  

the version is which? my QII is 11.0,must i download 11.1?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the toolkit you mentioned is used for uinphy?i'm not sure,when i use it,message me no uniphy. I USE ALEMEMPHY,so i download a new toolkit named TOOLKIT_GUI,esp for altmemphy,So Mr Socrates(I just noticed your name,soooooory ),could U give me more Sugg?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank u again!!!!!!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The latest progress,the signal 'ctl_cal_fail' turns to hign in 806us after rst,means what ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

always @ the same times everytime

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Read UniPHY User Guide. Check that signal. Anyway, I suppose the controller fails DDR3 calibration.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

set location assignment PIN - xxx -to termination_blk0~ _rdn_pad 

set location assignment PIN - xxx -to termination_blk0~ _rup_pad 

final is ok,do u know why?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, these resistors are dedicated for calibration purpose. Check schematics and again, READ USER GUIDE.