FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

do the LPM_SHIFTREG must be used in the spi serial receiving code when the clock fequency is too fast?

zlan01
Beginner

input       spi_data_i;

output reg   spi_data_o;

reg [15:0]shift_sender;

reg [15:0]shift_receiver;

code 1: spi receiving code=========================================================

always @(posedge spi_clk_50M or negedge spi_rst_n)

begin      

if(~spi_rst_n)

shift_receiver   <= 16'h0;

else       

shift_receiver   <= {shift_receiver[14:0],spi_data_i};      

end

code2 :spi sending code ============================================================

always @(posedge spi_clk_50M or negedge spi_rst_n)

begin      

if(~spi_rst_n)

begin

shift_sender   <= 16'h0;

spi_data_o         <= 1'b0;

end

else

begin

spi_data_o <= shift_sender[15];

shift_sender  <= {shift_sender[14:0],1'b0}; 

end

end

============================

I am implemented a spi interface which clock is 50Mhz shown above, the sending code work correctly,but the receiving code can not receive any data using verilog to implement the shifting in register?

I have implemented a uart interface which clock fequency is 1Mhz using the simliar code above,the receiver and sender all work correctly;

do the LPM_SHIFTREG must be used in the serical receiving code when the clock fequency is too fast such as 50Mhz?why ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know which device you are using? It is mentioned that the receiving code cannot receive any data using Verilog to implement the shifting in register? Could you explain in details and provide error message (if any). Do you check the simulation result and sdc constraints?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know if you have any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos