FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5988 Discussions

how can i use SDI IPcore in EP3C5E144

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HI,evrybody.I'm newer in here.I want to use EP3C5E144 generate sdi test parttern.Can you give me an example?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Firstly, generate a stream using test pattern generator(8 or 10bit stream + 27MHz clk + data valid signal), then use SDI megacore to generate SDI output. It requires 27MHz input clock (You must use the same as for the video parallel stream mentioned before) + 270MHz reference clock from the PLL of the 27MHz (ratio 10/1), if You're trying to generate SD SDI.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks a lot

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Firstly, generate a stream using test pattern generator(8 or 10bit stream + 27MHz clk + data valid signal), then use SDI megacore to generate SDI output. It requires 27MHz input clock (You must use the same as for the video parallel stream mentioned before) + 270MHz reference clock from the PLL of the 27MHz (ratio 10/1), if You're trying to generate SD SDI. 

--- Quote End ---  

yes,I just do it as socrates said.I use a vip test parttern,it's clk is 27MHz,10 bit,720X576,YCrCb,4:2:2.And I use SDI megacore generate SDI TX,it'clk si 27MHz and 270MHz.But the can't work.why? 

my question is the SDI core can generate EAV&SAV?An other example use a verilog make sdi frame.I use the SDI core need use make sdi frame myself or not? 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3932&stc=1&d=1302328224
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

anyone know ?