FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

how to handle this ip upgrade failure

dsun01
New Contributor III

Hi Dear Support/Expert,

I have a TI EVM called TSW14J56, it is a high speed data acquisition board with an Arria V FPGA, I am trying to update the IP to Arria 10 SOC Dev board. 

I am using a Quartus Standard version. if the IP version is PRO, How to solve this problem?

in the Jesd204b case. how to handle this kind of failure. do I need to regenerate the JESD204B in the new device, and replace the old one in the qsys? if this is true, I need to reconnect all the connections, right?

IP-UPDATEfailure.png 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Just open the Platform Designer system (.qsys file) and regenerate the system in the tool, which will create a new .qip file as noted.  Make sure the correct target device is selected in both Quartus and in Platform Designer (Device tab in Standard; set based on the connected .qpf file in Pro).

Platform Designer systems, unfortunately, don't work with the auto upgrade feature here in the IP Upgrade tool.  You always have to go into Platform Designer and regenerate them.

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

Hi sstrell,

thank you for your reply, after I follow your suggestion, I did fixed some issue. but when I click the "dec_512b_fifo.qsys". the following error message pop up. seems it is clear that the Pro version .qsys will not be able to work on a standard edition.  I don't think there is a work around until upgrade to a Pro edition. 

Error: The system could not be opened: C:\FPGA\18V1_A10\TSW14J56\Altera_JESD204B\jesd204b_refdesign\syn\AVGZ_gen_jesd204b_120_SP2_external_memory\dec_512b_fifo.qsys. "dec_512b_fifo" is a pro system. Please open in Platform Designer in Quartus Pro.

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

by the way, before I update the device to A10, the Standard Edition can compile the old  Arria V design without problem. but after I start to update the device to A10, because some qsys can't be automatically update, when I use the Platform designer to open the .qsys, it failed. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Correct, you can't open a Pro design in Standard.  You can only move a design from Standard to Pro.  I didn't get that from your initial post.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Sun,

Pro IP to Std is not applicable. Thus, you might need to use directly the IP from STD.

0 Kudos