FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

is there a way to password protect the flash device using ASMI Parallel II (Avalon-MM) interface?

Salman
Beginner

Hello everyone, I'm using ASMI Parallel II IP with an Avalon interface in a remote update project. the flash device is MT25QU256 and the FPGA chip is the 10AS066H2. i know that the MT25QU256 supports password protection but i couldn't find the corresponding registers in the ASMI Parallel IP document. Is there anyway to do it?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

ASMI Parallel II IP can only set the registers whether to use BP(Block Protect) or not, and its BP type. 

You will also need to program the 8-byte password(which cannot be done via ASMI Parallel II IP)  into MQ25T NOR flash device, using C/C++ code block. 

This is the link to develop the code:  https://www.micron.com/-/media/client/global/Documents/Products/Technical%20Note/NOR%20Flash/tn2503_sw_drivers_mt25q.pdf

regards,

Farabi 

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

I am glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos