FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

mSGDMA Soft Reset

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm working on a Windows driver, and currently running into issues with PCIe device addressing. The mSGDMA gets stuck in a busy state when a DMA is initiated with a non-internal address e.g. when a read is initiated from an external device on PCIe. I've got a timer that detects a prolonged busy state and requests a reset in those situations. However, the reset process does not seem to work. 

When I request a reset by setting the reset dispatcher bit of the CSR Control Register, the Resetting bit of the Status Register is never deasserted. I remain stuck in a resetting state. One post (https://alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52773&p=218059#post218059) on the forums suggested that there is a known bug and the Reset bit needs to be manually cleared for a reset procedure to properly take place. 

I'd appreciate any help in successfully completing a software reset of the mSGDMA.
0 Kudos
0 Replies