FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

my PLL does not set "pll_locked" to 1 when I lower "pll_powerdown" to 0. The flag "PLL Auto Reset" is set in the IP core

Длаза
Novice

0 Kudos
9 Replies
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

"pll_powerdown"? What FPGA are you using? Do you mean the reset port - 'rst'?

What is your clock source? Is it a good clock source with low jitter? What frequency are you trying to lock to?

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
Длаза
Novice

Arria 10GX. FPLL have input pin - "pll_powerdown". This is analog of reset

0 Kudos
Длаза
Novice

Input clock 50MHz, output clock -156.25MHz. Higher lickly jitter is high

0 Kudos
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

What are you connecting pll_powerdown to? Are you using it with a Transceiver and is it connected to that? Is it connected to the correct reset controller?

The user guide states it "needs to be connected to a dynamically controlled signal". Don't expect it to work if you're driving it directly.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
Длаза
Novice

When I tested my project, then through the reset controller I changed the status pll_powerdown, but pll_locked did not change its state. Null.

0 Kudos
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

Are you simulating this? pll_powerdown doesn't behave correctly in simulation.

If you're on hardware then it could be that your 50MHz clock source isn't good enough. What is this clock source and is it clean with low jitter? Is this on a development board or your own hardware?

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
Длаза
Novice

Well-well, in my project "pll_powerdown" is not connected inside fpll, but I made change to*.qsf-file (set_global_assignment -name VERILOG_MACRO "ALTERA_XCVR_A10_ENABLE_ANALOG_RESETS=1"), pll_powerdown is connected and "pll_locked" is OK!

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Please do not connect this pin through qsf file , connect through the IP .( Attaching the screen shot for your reference)

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee
posted a file.
0 Kudos