FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

(need help)3X3 Hardware Matrix Multiplier as QSYS custom component

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Currently I was trying to make a custom component(e.g.Hardware matrix multiplier) in qsys using Avalon MM interface. 

But I'm confused how to send two matrix into my component and to solve it and stuck on this problem for a long time. 

Can anyone please give me any tutorial so that I can get a solution. 

thanks a lot in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi,  

actually i have designed a 16 bit register as qsys custom component, but for matrix im not getting the way how to give matrix A and matrix B as input. i have used avalon mm slave interface, with which i only can give one writedata input.  

here Im confused how to use this only input for my matrix calculation though my matrix need two inputs. 

please help me....
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you use an "address" signal on your Avalon MM slave interface, then you can create several registers to hold all your values.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If you use an "address" signal on your Avalon MM slave interface, then you can create several registers to hold all your values. 

--- Quote End ---  

hi Daixiwen , 

sorry ! I didn't understand what you mean to say. Can you please explain the procedure little bit.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I suggest that you read the Avalon memory mapped specification here to understand what the different signals do: http://www.altera.com/literature/manual/mnl_avalon_spec.pdf

0 Kudos