FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

pcie ip core interface

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

sir, 

now i am doing a project with pci express based and choose the cyclone 4 gx epc4gx75  

i already generated files using avlon st megawizard interface .now i choose EXAMPLE_CHAINING_DMA.VHD as my top level entity as my pcie link side (means connector side signals ). is it right or not ?  

but to interface at application layer(user application side) which vhd file i have to choose and from where i have to start access with pcilink to user application side  

and also reset signals and clock signals i am confusing  

can anyone guide me in a right direction!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You may refer to Cyclone IV GX pcie example design at this link, follow the reset and clocking in the example design. 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/software/download/refdesigns/ip/interface/dnl-pciex... 

To be more easier, just port over this example design to target your FPGA part number cyclone 4 gx epc4gx75.