FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

pcie megawizard

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I do not want the CHAINING DMA application, all I want is the core with the Avalon ST interface.  

The megawizard generates the unwanted DMA app. !! 

My app is based on the PCIE TLP layer, so I need to know in which hdl file I find the Avolon ST interface and the modules required to build the PCIE. 

Which files do I not need for this ? 

Thanks HB
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

When ever you have a PCIe IP in your qsys project, examples files are generated. You can switch of the Chaining DMA example by editing the driver bfm file. You can also do read and write operations by using the tasks given in the testbench section of the [IP compiler for PCIe express manual] 

Thanks, 

AA
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the responds. 

I do not have a QSYS design. I want to connect my app to the AVALON ST interface. 

I just need signals like rx_st_sop rx_eop rx_st_data(63 downto 0). same for tx, 

again, I would like to know the file where I find this signals, and want to know what files of the chaining dma I could delete. 

The signals are well described in IP Compiler for PCI Express User Guide, page 5-3, but which is the corresponding hdl file to connect to these signals  

the BFM is for simulation only, correct ?? 

Thanks HB
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I think you will have to manually map the signals in a new HDL file, in order to connect the PCIe signals [conduits] to your design. 

I haven't deleted any DMA files till now, I have just switched off the DMA test.  

Yes, the BFM's are for simulation only, you don't have to worry about these getting synthesized on your FPGA, because the HDL code for these BFM's will be switched off automatically. 

Thanks, 

AA
0 Kudos