FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

stratix10MX developer Kit HBM2 channel address renge

貴清水00
Beginner

We refer the document UG20031”High Bandwidth Memory (HBM2) Interface Intel® FPGA IP User Guide”.

This IP can have 8 channels max. And can each channel access all HBM address 4GByte?

According to the referenced User guide fig16, the address bus width is 29bit in Byte.

I concern about each channel have an access limit 512MByte .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I am not the HBM2 expert, anyway I will help to check with my colleague regarding this inquiry.

Please allow me some time to check with him and I will update you ASAP.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Regards,

Aida

0 Kudos
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Good news! I have an update for you.

The HBM device has 2 type.

• 4GB/4H refers to HBM2 device with a total device density of 4GB in a 4-high Stack,
  • 8GB8H refers to a total HBM2 device density of 8GB in an 8-high Stack.

Can you confirm which type are you referring to. Assuming it is 8GB type with 8-high stack:

• In 8GB type, it consist of 8 channel which each channel is divided by two pseudo-channels.
  • 8GB is the total capacity of 8 channel. Thus, each channel can support 1GB and each pseudo-channels can support 512MB.

To answer your questions:

1. And can each channel access all HBM address 4GByte? -- No, 4GB is the total density of 4 channels (if you are referring to 4GB4H device type)
  2.  I concern about each channel have an access limit 512MByte .-- If this is referring to each pseudo-channels, then yes, it can access limit 512MB.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aida

0 Kudos