FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

vip_example_design_3c120 design as in AN 427

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi  

Can anyone post please the original vip_example_design_3c120 design as mentioned in the AN 427 document.Or give me a link to get the example design for the ALTERA
0 Kudos
30 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i have 2 daughter card (quad video & dvi) and i downloaded the pdf  

can this code do the same thing about vip ???????????
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Which board are you trying.The DVI or the Quad Video? 

Mind it both has different pin config and are totally different in their approach.If you have read the Doc this vip example requires both the inputs from DVI and the Quad video.Are you sure that you both the cards are connected in proper slots.Because for me they were connected in opposite slots.Check from the hardware board document u have got.Verify all your hardware first. 

If you have individually checked both the quad and DVI boards to run with examples then its good.Else I prefer u try them individually and then both together. 

The example I suggested is only for DVI.There is also example for quad video
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

and how can i test if dvi is work proper ???????

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

and can u send me this example

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

With the exampl code I gave you from Bitec.Try it ..There are other posts on the forum u can read them and from the Doc u have go from the Bitec.Give an input to the DVI Rx from ur PC and output to monitor from the DVi tx.Switch from analog output of monitor to Digital monitor. 

How did u try the other vip code, if you dont know how to connect DVI. 

Start Workin !!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

in the vip example i connect dvi in J8 and quad video in J9 and generate the system.qsys found in vip example .... then in nios after bulding bsp i tried to run vip_control as hardware  

that all i had done ........................
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i found some thing (mistake) when i opened the pin planner i found that all pins direction ===> unknown ???????????????????????

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The pins towards the end are assigned to unknown.I dont know but it is kind of generating duplicate pins.There will be pins assigned to locations on the top.Just try to download the example from Bitec  

DVI 1080P Loop-through C120 (Beta), the sof file J8.timelimited.sof....and you can be sure that your DVI is working.Dont synthesize the example as it doesnt synthesize but sinc it a precompiled version of .sof file you can use it to check your DVI input output
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

dvi and quad video cards are working ???????

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

dvi and quad video cards are working ??????? 

--- Quote End ---  

I dont get you???????
0 Kudos