FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

客户使用开发板自带的BTS文件,加载DDR3例子后,报DDR3校准错

EZhan
Novice

客户使用开发板自带的BTS文件,加载DDR3例子后,报DDR3校准错,不能测试,然后进入DDR3界面,过一会儿,JTAG失联,要断电重启才能通,客户刚刚收到板卡进行板子测试就发生上述问题,请问这个要如何处理

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I would like to clarify the problem statement here.

1. Are you trying to report an issue with a defective Intel FPGA dev kit board here or are we dealing with customer own DDR3 design calibration failure issue here ?
  • If this is related to dev kit issue
    • May I know which Intel FPGA dev kit board that we are talking about here ?
    • Pls provide the screenshot of the error saw on customer dev kit board
    • Has customer check to ensure all switches on the dev kit board is set to factory default setting as per the user manual doc ?
    • Is customer using original BTS from dev kit board download website and pair with the recommended Quartus version ?

If this is new dev kit board issue and once we confirmed the board is defective,

• then Intel will perform warranty check
  • customer can request for replacement claim if it's within warranty period else no replacement if warranty already expired

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
EZhan
Novice

是一块C10 GX devkit,采用官方提供的BTS测试,并且用EMIF带的design example测试了都是不行的,表现为DDR3 IP 的参考时钟不对,refclk_emif_p就是ddr3参考时钟,按照要求应该是21.186M,应该有U64的outclk4提供,但signaltap抓取全为1,其他由U64提供的时钟也都不正确,并且我尝试用clock controller 配置或disable这几个时钟都没有反应,signaltap的结果一致

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

By the way, don't use signal_tap to measure DDR3 refclk pin. This is hard circuit pin. SIgnal_tap can only be used to measure FPGA soft logic design insides FPGA core but not FPGA hard circuitry

• A better approach is to use oscilloscope probe to measure on board clock pin to check whether there is clock present or not and whether the clock frequency is correct or not

Anyway, thanks for isolating down the issue to no clock output from on board clock generator chip U64.

There 3 possibility that I can think of

1. Customer is using prototype C10 GX board. There is no clock output from U64 as it's not program correctly on these prototype board
  • C10 GX prototype board serial number is within 0000001-0000030. Can you check what's the serial number of your customer board ?
    • If confirmed it's prototype board then pls follow attached guideline to program U64 everytime user power cycle C10 GX board  
  1. Customer is using production C10 GX board but somehow corrupted U64 programming
  • You can also follow attached guideline to program back U64 chip
  1. Customer is using production C10 GX board but U64 chip is defective
  • Pls follow attached guideline to program back U64 chip, after that pls probe on the board on U64 output to confirm there is really no correct clock toggling
    • Once confirmed this is really defective C10 GX board, then I will transfer this case to another Intel support agent to help you process the board warranty claim

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I have not hear back from you for quite some time.

Hopefully my earlier feedback did help out on your issue.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos