FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

10M02SCE144I7G can be programmed with pof file but doesn't work.

hyang73
Beginner

Hi, 10M02SCE144I7G was used in my design. 50MHz. I can download sof file into CRAM thru JTAG download cable, and the PCA work as expected. I can also download pof file into CFM0 thru JTAG successfully, but after I power cycle the PCA, it doesn't output any signal as expected. So i'm wondering if the FPGA chip was soldered well. Then i use hot air gun to re-solder the chip. Then power up the board (didn't re-program the chip since its CFM0 was programmed successfully before), the board worked as expected. The tricky thing is that when I power cycle the board a few seconds later. The board didn't work any longer. Seems the chip didn't boot up from CFM0. Can you please help me with this issue? Is there any chance that the chip was failure due to long time hot air solder? Schematic is attached but I didn't think that FPGA configuration is not correct, because FPGA can work and be programmed. And this design is just modified from a former project. FPGA configuration stay same as before. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi hyang73,

From your schematic, you CONF_DONE pin is leave unconnected. The CONF_DONE pin should be pulled high.

MAX 10 will not enter the initialization and user mode if the CONF_DONE pin is pulled low.

And one more thing, you can try to TICK/UNTICK "Enable real-time ISP...." in Quartus programmer. Try it out if any improvement for your MAX 10 device.

TICK-UNTICK.JPG

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi hyang73,

From your schematic, you CONF_DONE pin is leave unconnected. The CONF_DONE pin should be pulled high.

MAX 10 will not enter the initialization and user mode if the CONF_DONE pin is pulled low.

And one more thing, you can try to TICK/UNTICK "Enable real-time ISP...." in Quartus programmer. Try it out if any improvement for your MAX 10 device.

TICK-UNTICK.JPG

Thanks

hyang73
Beginner

yes this is the route cause of this failure issue. thank you very much! :)))))))))))))))))))

0 Kudos