FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

AD/DA Data conversion card

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello, 

I need to connect AD/DA Data Conversion card on my DE2-115 board using HSMC connector. I need the pinout for both boards for the same. 

In the DE2-115 user manual I can find the FPGA pin names against the signal names of HSMC connector but can not understand the pin numbers of the connector. 

and in the AD/DA conversion card reference manual pinouts are given for Cyclone III and Stratix III boards but not for this particular Cyclone IV board. 

Link for the card I want to use : https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=73&no=360&partno=2 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I see HSMC pin assignment clearly documented in FPGA- and extension-board schematics.  

A problem with HSMC pin numbers is caused by the fact that the ADDA card (at least the previous version) are using a connector with additional pins in the LVDS Bank 1, resulting in a total of 180 versus 160 signal pins. Both connectors are plug-in compatible as far as I understand, but numbers are different,