FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

ADV2002 Customer Advisory - INQUIRY

MGuev3
Novice

We have received this PCN and I have question below:

Would this mean that the products which will be WITHOUT "ROHS COMPLIANT" labels are indeed not to be compliant with the directive come Feb 2020?

I cannot find a documents which says that Exemption 15’s expiration is this Feb 2020.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, MGuev3.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding this notification, I will be glad to assist you.

You have reached the support section for Memory and Storage products, I will move the thread so you can get assistance as soon as possible.

As a recommendation, you can also try the contact method described on page number 4 of the document in order to submit your inquiry:

- CUSTOMER ADVISORY ADV2002 Label Content Update for FPGA and Power Products: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/pcn/adv2002.pdf

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MGuev3
Novice

Thank you Aiman for your response, I really appreciate this.

Would this mean that all the Intel PNs listed on ADV2002 will be not-compliant to ROHS already and Intel does not have any plans of making this compliant anymore?

0 Kudos
MGuev3
Novice

We are using 5M160ZE64I5N and EN6360QI currently on our products

0 Kudos
MGuev3
Novice

HI there, can you help confirm if 5M160ZE64I5N and EN6360QI are still RoHS Compliant after Feb 2020? Is there a plan to convert this to compliant? Thanks!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am still trying to get the information regarding ROHS Exemption 15a with our internal team, will get back to you once i got the findings.

Appreciate your understanding.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
MGuev3
Novice

Thank you so much Aiman for looking after this. After further checking, below are the list of parts we are using. Please help to check what will be the RoHS status of these parts after Feb 29, 2020.

EN5311QI

EN5322QI

EN5364QI

EN5365QI-T

EN6310QA

EN6360QI

EN63A0QI

EP2S180F1020C4N

EP3C10E144C7N

EP5358LUI

EP5382QI

EP53F8QI

5M160ZE64I5N

5M240ZM100I5N

5M40ZM64I5N

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Here is the new update regarding RoHS exemption 15a:

Specific to ADV2002, this is ONLY a label content change. The ADV2002 is NOT a notification for ROHS compliance status or change in status.

Background of why we are removing the words "ROHS compliant"

- There are certain products (<300mm2 die, technology newer than 90nm) that will not meet Ex15a. Those are due to expire by end of Feb 2020.

- To prevent misrepresentation, we are removing the printing of "Rohs compliant" to accommodate products that by February will fall into two groups: ROHS compliant products and non-ROHS compliant (formerly ROHS compliant) products.

- Also, the barcode label is not the formal declaration of ROHS compliant, and is not required by the EU ROHS Directive.

-All the OPN that you have listed are RoHS compliant, kindly refer above explanation regarding ADV2002.

-Please go to the link below for further details:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/pcn/adv1828.pdf

Hope this clarify. Do inform me if you need further information.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
MGuev3
Novice

Thank you so much for your response on my questions Aiman. We understand the PCN now when you have included information about ADV1828.

The only affected part we are using is EP2S180F1020C4N and it will converted to EP2S180F1020C4G to be compliant to RoHS Exemption 15a.

AGain thank you Aiman!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Glad to help you with that. I will proceed to close this case. If you have any question, feel free to open a new case.

Thank you!

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos