FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

AN483, tse_ref_design, error in analaysis&synthesis after sopc system generation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello together, 

I downloaded the tse reference design (AN483). I use Quartus II 9.1.2. 

When i open the project and run "Analysis & Synthesis" i get no errors and the green tick appears. But when i run the process after i opened SOPC Builder and clicked "Generate", some errors occur: 

--- Quote Start ---  

Error: Node instance "altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma_inst" instantiated with unknown parameter "ENABLE_EXTENDED_STAT_REG" 

Error: Node instance "altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma_inst" instantiated with unknown parameter "SYNCHRONIZER_DEPTH" 

Error: Node instance "altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma_inst" instantiated with unknown parameter "TRANSCEIVER_OPTION" 

Error: Node instance "altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma_inst" instantiated with unknown parameter "ENABLE_ALT_RECONFIG" 

Error: Can't elaborate user hierarchy "tse_ref_design:tse_ref_design_inst|altera_ethernet:the_altera_ethernet|altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma:altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma_inst" 

Error: Quartus II Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 5 errors, 3 warnings 

--- Quote End ---  

What is going wrong? 

Greets Florian
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

another question: 

how to run the simulation/testbench provided in tse_ref_design? I am new to Altera tools. I have Modelsim SE 6.4c.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Florian, 

I just ran into a similar issue running Quartus 8.0. When I try to compile, I get the error: 

Error: Node instance "altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma_inst" instantiated with unknown parameter "TRANSCEIVER_OPTION" 

Were you able to resolve this issue?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've run into similar problems with PCIe core. I was able to solve this problem by deleting all files that are generated by SoPC builder. 

It is possible that some files are not re-generated when the SoPC builder see that they are present. There are changes between versions of core (and Quartus) that can lead to these errors.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

zizka, 

Thanks. I tried removing all SOPC files and regenerated. This was enough to get me over the issue.
0 Kudos