FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5234 Discussions

ARM DS-5 Intel SoC FPGA Edition for company's only?

RHobb
Beginner

I have the DE1-SoC Board I bought from Terasic. I have the Intel FPGA Monitor program, and also just the standard version of the SoC Edition software that you have to establish a GDB session in order to debug the hard processor cores on the Cyclone V chip. It's not very effective, can't debug any code or processors, it crashes, it's slow. So I purchased the full license, and Intel told Digikey that they do not sell to private entities, you must be associated with a company and have your own company email address. What good is this going to do me being a university student learning how to use FPGA ? Anyone else having this issue? Or can an intern being involved with a company also apply for a full license?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daixiwen
New Contributor I

Talk to a real distributor, like Arrow, instead of Digikey. You may even be eligible for a reduced price as a student. You can find the distributors for your country here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html