We have been testing with our Agilex I-Series FPGA with the provided board testing system.
We have set all the default switches to the default position, and we are using the FPGA as a PCIe-card. We supply power to the board with 6+2pin PCIe power cable in J11, and we connect the J8 micro USB port to the motherboard.
When we try to test the GPIO test within the BTS, running in root, the sof configuration halted. The terminal output is attached to the post.
We also tried to program the factory_recovery .pof and power off->on the entire system, but the issue persists. We noticed that LED D11 is not turned on, which might indicate an incomplete configuration.
Kernel 5.15, Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS, Quartus version 22.3, and it is aligned with the latest dev kit software release in October 2022.
What could be a potential misconfiguration?
Thank you for contacting Intel community.
Apologize for the delay in response.
Per my understanding you are having problem with while running BTS for AGILEX I-series dev kit.
- Make sure you are using the correct BTS. Which is for Agilex I-series.
- Can you provide screenshot from BTS GUI?
- Make sure the BTS are connecting correctly to the board.
1) Yes, we encountered issue with running BTS for Agliex I-series dev kit.
2) We have checked the BTS is the correct one that corresponds to the Agliex I-series FPGA.
3) Screenshots from BTS GUI is attached. The last image shows that configuring the GPIO design failed at 99%, and a screnshot from the terminal is attached in the first post.
4) We connect the FPGA with the PCIe gen5 x16, the micro-usb port, as well as the 6+2pin power.
Let me know if you need other information.
Please check the serial number on the dev kit. Make sure it is compatible with the programming device.
Eg: If you use DK-DEV-AGI027R1BES, then the programming device must be AGIB027R29A1E2VR3.
If DK-DEV-AGI027RES was used, then the programming device must be AGIB027R29A1E2VR0.
We have `DK-DEV-AGI027R1BES`, which should be `AGIB027R29A1E2VR3` for the device.
I don't see an option to change the device in BTS for quartus 22.3. Is there a way to change it in BTS?
Seems like you encounter the same problem as the case posted in below link. Can you try the solution provided in the post?
We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you