FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Altera Max V CPLD Development Board problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Altera Max V CPLD Development Board version 11.1. The user manaul for Board Test System software shows a Config menu option to allow the user to reprogram the CPLD with some standard examples each of which have their own tab folder in the software. However, my installation has only File and About options with no Config and all the tabs are disabled except for the GPIO tab. 

Anyone know how I can access these other configurations? Why don't I have a Config menu option? I downloaded the latest version 11.1? 

thanks!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've noticed missing FPGA download/configure options in some of the BTS GUIs. The "solution" is to use Quartus to download the appropriate .sof file from the kit install area, and then re-run the GUI. The GUI will then detect what image is already configured and activate the appropriate tab. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
LS_36
Beginner

Hello,

I know this thread is a few years old, and im not sure if this reply will bump the post up, but can anyone elaborate on "downloading the appropriate .sof file from the kit install area" if that is a feasible solution? I am unsure which kit install area its being referred to.

I am new to CPLD's using the MAX V CPLD kit as my introduction and I also am having the same issue stated from above where when I follow the directions in the user guide for the Altera Max V, after downloading the kit (v.11.1) , the BTS (Board Test System) is missing the "Config" file menu only leaving me with "File" and "About". 

Thanks!

LS

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I've noticed missing FPGA download/configure options in some of the BTS GUIs. The "solution" is to use Quartus to download the appropriate .sof file from the kit install area, and then re-run the GUI. The GUI will then detect what image is already configured and activate the appropriate tab. 

Cheers, 

Dave 

--- Quote End ---  

Your a genious! Worked like a charm. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi folks, 

I have exactly the same issue with my MAX V Development Board. BTS doesn't show the configuration menu... 

I tried to load my CPLD with the programmer and the files in the examples folder but still. 

Thanks for your help :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi folks, 

I have exactly the same issue with my MAX V Development Board. BTS doesn't show the configuration menu... 

I tried to load my CPLD with the programmer and the files in the examples folder but still. 

Thanks for your help :) 

--- Quote End ---  

Did you solve this problem with Config not showing up? I am having this problem and I don't know where in Quartus to get the .sof file. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Bill
0 Kudos