FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

Altera Stratix II GX PCIe - Interrupt Handling

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the Jungo Windriver manual I saw this paragraph: 

" note: for level-sensitive interrupts, such as pci/compactpci interrupts, you must use driverwizard to define the interrupts status register and assign the read / write command (s) for acknowledging (clearing) the interrupt, before attempting to listen to the interrupts with the wizard, otherwise the os may hang!  

the specific interrupt-acknowledgment information is hardware-specific

In the manual I often see expressions related to device interrupts - that they are hardware specific. 

1) Where can I get more info on interrupts on my board ? (i have altera stratix ii gx pci-express development kit, system - windows xp

2) How can I get info on DMA control registers, those which must be programmed - to start DMA transfer ? Where can I get address of this register ? 

3) In my design DMA starts only when I press on-board button. How to force this DMA start from application without using buttons ? 

Please, help, I'm totally stuck with this project. 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

85 Views and no ideas? :/ huh

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

In the Jungo Windriver manual I saw this paragraph: 

" note: for level-sensitive interrupts, such as pci/compactpci interrupts, you must use driverwizard to define the interrupts status register and assign the read / write command (s) for acknowledging (clearing) the interrupt, before attempting to listen to the interrupts with the wizard, otherwise the os may hang!  

the specific interrupt-acknowledgment information is hardware-specific

In the manual I often see expressions related to device interrupts - that they are hardware specific. 

1) Where can I get more info on interrupts on my board ? (i have altera stratix ii gx pci-express development kit, system - windows xp

2) How can I get info on DMA control registers, those which must be programmed - to start DMA transfer ? Where can I get address of this register ? 

3) In my design DMA starts only when I press on-board button. How to force this DMA start from application without using buttons ? 

Please, help, I'm totally stuck with this project. 

Thanks in advance. 

--- Quote End ---  

1) You can use an LED to indicate an MSI is sending(i.e., app_msi_ack is asserted) 

2)I don't know whether you are using the chainning DMA example. If is, read the code. 

3)I don't get you. As far as I know, a DMA operation always starts by the software running on the OS writes the DMA regs to start the DMA state machine.
0 Kudos