FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Altera USB Blaster Presence Detection

LBart15
Beginner

I would like to know if there is a way to detect the presence of the USB Blaster on a board. I need to detect it to disable (Tri-State with buffer) another JTAG bus signal to avoid concurrent access to the bus.

1. Is there any signal driven by the USB Blaster that can be used to getting knowledge of its presence?
  2. Are the two GND connected together internally (so i can use one of this pulled-up to get the information)?
  3. Is a schematic of USB Blaster available?

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Lorenzo,

May i know what is the device that you are using so that i can share you the development kit schematic that we have for your reference?

I think there is no way to detect that as the signal waveform needed to send on the 10 pin in the circuit board header is the same. Unless you have a controller connected to the 2 JTAG and that might be able to prevent concurrent on that.

Thank You.

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos
LBart15
Beginner

Hi Bruce,

I am using a MAX II, but I need the schematic of the USB Blaster to understand how it is possible to detect its presence and .

However could you please answer to question N. 2?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Lorenzo,

Yes, GND are connected together. Apologize that we do not have schematic for USB Blaster.

Thank You

0 Kudos