FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Are quartus_sta not working for MAX 10

JChri1
Beginner

I am trying to use quartus_sta on a MAX 10 project in Quartus 18.1, but I am getting an error, see error.png It happens when I in the constrainer set the data rate to Double data rate, see constrainer.png. I aperas to me that Intel/Altera have renamed the DDR register but have forgotten to update the quartus_sta script, see ddio.png

0 Kudos
18 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I have never seen an "I/O Timing Constrainer" in Quartus. What is that? A university thing? Can you post the .sdc you're using?

0 Kudos
JChri1
Beginner

​It is part of the Quartus installation, read first page og AN433, start "NIOS II Command Shell". navigate to project directory and run the command

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
How do you come to this page? Can you show us more screenshot?
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

The link does not link to any screenshot..

0 Kudos
JChri1
Beginner
0 Kudos
JChri1
Beginner

and it is described in AN433

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
can u send us the steps that you launch the gui? The AN433, i cant see any of it
JChri1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JChri1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JChri1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JChri1
Beginner
  1. Open NIOS Command Shell
  2. Navigate to project folder
  3. Run quartus_sta command
  4. follow the intel guide for this​
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Thanks, I was able to launch it.. can attached over your design.qar as well? Otherwise I will have to create it.

0 Kudos
JChri1
Beginner

I have made an example project​

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

This seems to be a bug, however, Quartus std version are only in maintenance mode. There will be no fix on the bug because in pro edition there are no longer soft LVDS.

What you can do is write the sdc file on your own. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_altlvds.pdf page 45.

We will file a kdb to let other customer know on this.

0 Kudos
JChri1
Beginner

You are aware that MAX 10 is not supported by pro edition?

So what you are stating is that Intel is going to discontinue or stop supporting MAX series together with Stratix (IV, V), Arria (II, V), Cyclone(IV, V, 10LP)?

The only devices supported by pro edition is Stratix 10 and Arria 10 and Cyclone 10 GX!

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Intel is not discontinue or stop supporting. But the bug fix will depend on how critical the issue, it there are alternative way of doing it, it will not fixed in any time soon.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I presume you are referring to the -ssc option shown in AN433. I've never even noticed that option before. Perhaps it does not work with MAX 10 devices. I'd recommend following the methodologies in either of these online trainings instead (much easier to understand than that app note):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/catalog.html?language=English&keywords=source%20synchronous

0 Kudos