FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5159 Discussions

Arria 10 Dev Kit - Possibly corrupted board during factory reset - how to correct

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I started work on an Arria 10 Dev Kit today (p/n 10AX115S). I was following directions in the user guide and decided it would be good to start with a factory reset (this board was used previously in my organization by a former engineer).  

I originally started the BoardTestSystem.exe GUI and followed the process to do a factory restore. In the middle of the restore, it ocurred to me that I might not have set the MSEL switches correct (there seemed to be some confusion in the users guide on how to set them: 100 or 011...). Anyway, as it was restoring, I hit 'cancel' to get out of it and start over. At that point, the fan started to spin at a *much* higher rate. And, then when I went back to restart BoardTestSystem.exe, I get an error dialog that says: 

"Failed to register GUI application! 

Please make sure... " 

I fear that I have corrupted, I guess, the Flash memory. Is there a way that I can recover from this?
0 Kudos
0 Replies