FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Arria 10 SoC Development Kit: IO standard used for CLK_HPSEMI_P/N

sriviswa
Beginner

Hi, 

In Arria 10 development kit, CLK_HPSEMI_P/N is provided from Si5338B which is powered by 1.8V. It is provided to 2K bank which is powered by 1.2V(See images below). The supported I/O standards of Si5338B as per datasheet is LVPECL, LVDS(1.8V,2.5V,3.3V), HCSL and CML. What is the IO standard that will be used in Intel Arria 10 to make the signal logically compatible?

1)From Si5338B

sriviswa_0-1620919425194.png

To FPGA:

sriviswa_1-1620919489185.png

Thanks

Viswa

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Viswa,

Hope you are doing  well. Can you please tell me how did you get the value 1.2V in bank 2K? I think the most important thing about signal logic compatibility is the value of the voltage and this case it is find for you to use 1.8V LVDS as your I/O Standard. 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/a10_handbook.pdf

Thank you

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
sriviswa
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

In the Development kit, the 2K bank is powered by the voltage needed for DDR version. If we use DDR4, then it will be powered by 1.2V. From the below image, HILOPHPS_VDD is powering the 2K bank. Also 2K bank is used for interfacing DDR. I have attached the development kit with this question.

Page no 62: HILOHPS_VDD is generated(it powers 2K bank)

sriviswa_0-1621854882080.png

These will set the HILOHPS voltage to either 1.2V,1.35V or 1.5V

sriviswa_1-1621855206754.png

In the development kit, there is a voltage mismatch between Clock generator Si5338B and Intel Arria 10 FPGA. Hence these two can't be logically compatible. What IO standard can then be used to make it logically compatible?

Thanks

Viswa

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Viswa,

The voltage need to be the same to make it compatible. Thus, if you use 1.2V,1.35V or 1.5V on the other device then your Arria 10 need to use the same voltage as I/O standard followed by requirement based on the guideline.

Thank you.

0 Kudos