FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Arria 10 Soc Dev Kit and LMK04828

jrrguzman
New Contributor I

Hi, is it possible to access the LMK04828 at the Arria 10 SoC dev board using the HPS SPIM1 interface? The tools from TI does not seem to recognize the USB.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
18 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Intel does not have a reference design for the LMK04828 targeting the Arria 10 SoC dev board, but you could take a look here from TI website regarding the LMK04828, there are documents including some user guide on it:

http://www.ti.com/tool/LMK04828BEVM

Regards

0 Kudos
jrrguzman
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am not asking for a reference design or anything like that. Maybe I explained myself wrongly.

On the Arria 10 Soc Dev Kit board there is a LMK04828 from TI with a 122.88 MHz VCXO. The SPI interfacing this device is connected to one of the MAX5 CPLDs and, according to the user guide, it serves as a bridge from the dedicated USB connector. The user guide says this about the LMK04828:

(there should be an image here but in-line copy/paste doesn't seem to work). For more info:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-a10-soc-devkit.pdf

(page 54)

So I have 2 questions:

1) What software from TI (or anyone else) do I need to use to interface this chip on your reference board? I can't believe you have fitted a component on a board and not tested its functionality. The user guide doesn't specify anything and the MAX-V in between the FTDI and the LMK04828 can be doing anything. Is there some sort of UART built in interface at the MAX-V with command/address/data transfers?

2) Is there a way to access this chip from the HPS (probably not)?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

1) I sent a zip file that should contain all the information regarding the usage of the clock cleaner to you via message. Can you check your inbox if you have received it?

2) I cannot confirm if the clock cleaner is accessible from the HPS, I did not found any information regarding this in our documentation and the file given.

Regards.

0 Kudos
vage
Beginner

Hello,

I also need this information regarding the usage of the clock cleaner on the very same board. May I also have it please?

Many thanks and best regards.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I have sent to you via message as well, check it out.

0 Kudos
DaveS
Beginner

May I also have the LMK04828 info for the A10 soc dev kit?

0 Kudos
Zbigniew_Szadkowski

Hi,

Could you send me any info and software to program LMK04828 on the Arria 10 SoC Development Kit

Thanks

Zbigniew Szadkowski

0 Kudos
vage
Beginner

Hi,

I'm on it right now.

Many thanks and best regards!

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Hi @EberL_Intel​ 

We have an A10SOC Dev Board on hand, and I also need this LMK04828 materials regarding the usage of the clock cleaner on the board. May I also have this as well ?

Thanks and Best regards

Jet

0 Kudos
vage
Beginner

Hi Jet, let me know if you don't get feedback on this and I can try to find my copy. Best, Evangelos.

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

many thanks @vage​ ,would you please send me a copy to email ( jet@nanocell.com.cn ), Thanks a lot

Best Reagrds

0 Kudos
NZhan1
Partner

Hi EBERLAZARE_I_Intel,

We have the same request to change LMK04828's output clock, could you help to share the GUI or materials? Thanks!

0 Kudos
elabarge
Beginner

Hello, can you please send me the same zip file? I would also like to program the clock cleaner on my Arria 10 dev kit. 

Thanks,

Elliott

0 Kudos
KeeganJ
Novice

Hello,

Could I also have whatever information was provided?

It seems that the SFP+ ports on this dev kit go to a transceiver bank which can receive two possible reference clocks.

One reference clock is from this clock cleaner and the other one from FMC. So if you want to use the SFP+ port you have to provide the correct reference clock through one of those two options. Does that sound correct?

I don't understand how more information was not provided in the user guide. Surely someone wants to use the SFP+ port?

0 Kudos
kstolp
Beginner

Hello EBERLAZARE_I_Intel,

Is there a link to this material somewhere? Like the others in this topic, I need a way to program the LMK04828 on my Arria-10 SoC DK board.

Thanks

0 Kudos
elabarge
Beginner

Hello,

I would also like to program the clock cleaner on my Arria 10 dev kit. Can you please send me the necessary programs and files?

Are these programs and files public?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
drudolf
Beginner

Hi,

Could you send me any info and software to program LMK04828 on the Arria 10 SoC Development Kit?
Thanks,
Dan

0 Kudos
tommes0815
Beginner

Hi all,
We also want to use the LMK04828 on the Arria 10 SoC devkit and would need to change its configuration. Can you please provide the necessary info and software?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

0 Kudos