FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Arria V Development Kit... Has *anybody* ever got the "Board Test System" to work, being that it comes default looking for a "5AGGXFB3" FPGA. Seems that the actual DevKit comes with a "5AGXFB3" (only one "G"). Makes it hard to use.

DDeWi2
Beginner

5AGGXFB3.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you help verify the Switch and Jumper Settings are in default factory switch settings for the Intel Arria V GX FPGA Development Kit and try the BTS test again.

You can refer here https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_avgx_fpga_dev_kit.pdf#page=16

0 Kudos
DDeWi2
Beginner

No, they do not match the settings in that ug_... since it is not the board that I have. But they *do* match the ug for my board, shown in the image above as P/N 6XX-44099R, and on the box as DIK-START-5AGXB3N-0S. The ug I used is "Arria V GX Starter Kit", UG-01117-1.2, Feb 2013, page 18, Figure 4-1. But that is only a secondary point. My board does not *have* a 5AGGXFB3, and I can not find that part # anywhere on the internet. If it is actually looking for that ID it will have to keep looking for a long time. There may also be other problems, but this should probably be cleared up first.

I also had to install Quartus V15.0 so I could get some work done, since the link for V12.1sp1 was defunct for so long. I have renamed that directory so that it can no longer be found and changed the Environment Variable to point back to V12.1sp1. (although I can't imagine why a pre-compiled program would need a particular version of the development software to work). Still doesn't work. Possibly because it doesn't change a 5AGX into a 5AGGX. Anybody who *has* gotten this to work must have that elusive 5AGGX. Where can I get one?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

May I know, are you using Arria V GX FPGA Starter Kit board for the BTS test?

0 Kudos
MFort6
Beginner

HI

I am having the same issue

device : Arria V GX 5AGXFB3H4F35C4N

0 Kudos