FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5158 Discussions

Arria V Development Kit... Has *anybody* ever got the "Board Test System" to work, being that it comes default looking for a "5AGGXFB3" FPGA. Seems that the actual DevKit comes with a "5AGXFB3" (only one "G"). Makes it hard to use.

DDeWi2
Beginner

5AGGXFB3.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you help verify the Switch and Jumper Settings are in default factory switch settings for the Intel Arria V GX FPGA Development Kit and try the BTS test again.

You can refer here https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_avgx_fpga_dev_kit.pdf...

DDeWi2
Beginner

No, they do not match the settings in that ug_... since it is not the board that I have. But they *do* match the ug for my board, shown in the image above as P/N 6XX-44099R, and on the box as DIK-START-5AGXB3N-0S. The ug I used is "Arria V GX Starter Kit", UG-01117-1.2, Feb 2013, page 18, Figure 4-1. But that is only a secondary point. My board does not *have* a 5AGGXFB3, and I can not find that part # anywhere on the internet. If it is actually looking for that ID it will have to keep looking for a long time. There may also be other problems, but this should probably be cleared up first.

I also had to install Quartus V15.0 so I could get some work done, since the link for V12.1sp1 was defunct for so long. I have renamed that directory so that it can no longer be found and changed the Environment Variable to point back to V12.1sp1. (although I can't imagine why a pre-compiled program would need a particular version of the development software to work). Still doesn't work. Possibly because it doesn't change a 5AGX into a 5AGGX. Anybody who *has* gotten this to work must have that elusive 5AGGX. Where can I get one?

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

May I know, are you using Arria V GX FPGA Starter Kit board for the BTS test?

MFort6
Beginner

HI

I am having the same issue

device : Arria V GX 5AGXFB3H4F35C4N