FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Arria V GX - u-boot process

MVatte
Partner

Hi,

I have been working on getting company's SATA AHCI IP working with linux, I have had issues booting up Linux with ata drivers enabled for use with company's AHCI IP. Right now I am getting hung in the u-boot process. After I create an image and load it onto an SD card the u-boot hangs. I don't get any messages after the u-boot is trying to load. I have worked on this in the past, but am just getting back to it. I have followed the rocketboard wiki on this, I am able to load the default image installed with the EDS tools and boot linux, but following the steps to create a new image I have been hitting some issues. Please let me know if you can help me, I am able to send you the files I used to test. 

Quick question, are these posts in this forum available to everyone? Is there any place to send confidential information?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I suspect this is due to device tree issue.

You might try compiling the GHRD and create the preloader/uboot accordingly.

Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

you can send me a private message for any confidential information.,

I would like to check the log messages of soc boot. Also, I would recommend checking if uboot can be accessed and AXI bridges can be enabled.

thanks