cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlanier
Novice

Arria V GX with HSMC Debug Header Pins

Hi,

I have the Arria V GX starter kit and I would like to connect a microphone breakout board to the HSMC debug header. I do not understand how the 40 pins on the HSMC debug header translate to the 160 pins from the FPGA. I would like to know which pins are on the HSMC debug header in terms of the 160 HSMC pins.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Are you referring to the HSMC connector on starter kit board ?

You can always refer to board schematic doc available in "kit installation" to trace the connection on which FPGA pin is connected to which HSMC pin.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

jlanier
Novice

I'm actually interested in the Debug board pins. There are 40 and I'm wondering if I can use them as GPIO. I'm trying to hook up a microphone so I will need a Clk, Data, GND, and 3.3V. I know there are 2 GND pins on the Debug board but I am unsure what the other pins are capable of.

Deshi_Intel

HI,

I don't have AV starter kit board and its accessory so it's hard for me to visual what's debug board that you are referring to here.

I believe it's additional small card that can connect to HSMC connector (J13) on AV starter kit board.

I found the HSMC debug header card schematic as per attachment. You should be able to trace back the debug header card pin connection back to Arria V FPGA now.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

Deshi_Intel

HI,

Hopefully you are able to proceed with your project development now with the schematic that I shared.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Feel free to file new forum thread if you still have enquiry in future.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim