FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Arria V GX with HSMC Debug Header Pins

jlanier
Novice

Hi,

I have the Arria V GX starter kit and I would like to connect a microphone breakout board to the HSMC debug header. I do not understand how the 40 pins on the HSMC debug header translate to the 160 pins from the FPGA. I would like to know which pins are on the HSMC debug header in terms of the 160 HSMC pins.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Are you referring to the HSMC connector on starter kit board ?

You can always refer to board schematic doc available in "kit installation" to trace the connection on which FPGA pin is connected to which HSMC pin.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
jlanier
Novice

I'm actually interested in the Debug board pins. There are 40 and I'm wondering if I can use them as GPIO. I'm trying to hook up a microphone so I will need a Clk, Data, GND, and 3.3V. I know there are 2 GND pins on the Debug board but I am unsure what the other pins are capable of.

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I don't have AV starter kit board and its accessory so it's hard for me to visual what's debug board that you are referring to here.

I believe it's additional small card that can connect to HSMC connector (J13) on AV starter kit board.

I found the HSMC debug header card schematic as per attachment. You should be able to trace back the debug header card pin connection back to Arria V FPGA now.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Hopefully you are able to proceed with your project development now with the schematic that I shared.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Feel free to file new forum thread if you still have enquiry in future.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos