FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Arria V SoC Transceivers

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to bring up a transceiver project on the Arria V SoC development board and have thus far had no luck. I've tried to use a transceiver toolkit example project with new device and pin assignments for my board and while the transceiver link appears in the toolkit, it has status N/A and is red. I have tried to start a new project using the Custom transceiver phy with the same setup as the example project and cannot even find the transceiver path in the toolkit - it is not automatically linked as all guides are saying it should be.  

How do I access the transceivers from the Transceiver toolkit to verify they are working??
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Update: 

I gave up on the transceiver toolkit, but am now watching the signals in SignalTap. Using a basic reference design for the Custom Phy, I am able to see both tx_ready and rx_ready are a logic 1. However, this is using the GIGE protocol at around 1 Gbps and utilizes a different reference clock than the one I want to use. If I try to change the protocol, data width, or reference clock frequency, rx_ready is never set. Has anyone seen this before or have any insight into something to try?