Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WKUAN
Novice

Arria10 : Total current per LVDS I/O bank must not exceed 100 mA.

Hi friends,

I am designing one board with ARRIA10, I want to use 44 pairs LVDS in 2 banks, such as 3A and 3B, when i check the datasheet <Intel® Arria® 10 Device Datasheet>, i found a note 3 on page 5, which is "Total current per LVDS I/O bank must not exceed 100 mA." as the current of LVDS is almost 4mA, it will be 22*2*4=176mA per bank, which is almost 2 times of the rated current.

Can I use 100% LVDS pairs of one bank?

Thanks and best regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Wu Kuang,

May i know how do you determine the current of a pair LVDS? Also, bank 3A and 3B are considered as 2 bank.

Thank You.

WKUAN
Novice

Hi Sooy,

Thank you for your reply.

I want to use a 22 pair of LVDS in 3a bank for input, a 22 pair of LVDS in 3b bank for another set of input, a 15 pair of LVDS in 3c bank for output, and a 15 pair of LVDS in 3d bank for another set of output, will this setup work?The chip chosen is 10ax115nf45.

I see that the LVDS specification says the current is 3.5mA. I wonder how this current is calculated. Is it a current limitation of one pair of LVDS or a wire?​

Thanks and best regards,

KUANG Wu

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hu Kuang,

There is no limitation on the mA on a LVDS Bank. The 100mA is only applicable during configuration time. When it is in user mode, no restriction for that.

Thank You.

WKUAN
Novice

Thank you very much