FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

Arrow DECA MAX 10 lab 8 camera driver improvement

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am using DECA - Arrow's Altera MAX10 evaluation kit (rev C). We would like to improve the lab8 camera's image output. Indeed the output from this lab doesn't have an amazing quality compared to what the sensor should be able to output. 

Has anyone looked into the "camera_config.c" file and tried to improve this?  

This file describes a series of register configurations but I can't find the register table. There are a few comments in the code but not enough for me to know what I could change to improve significantly the output. sensor is aptina's AR0833 camera (8M). 

Thanks! 

Clément
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can look at the data sheet for the camera. Search for AR0833 and it should come up.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have the configure files about this sensor,I am working on it too,but the image output is so low,would you please share the some files about this,I can not find anyother imformation about this cam,and do not know how to improve the image output, 

thank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I took a quick look at it. I've not done video beyond basic VGA. This looks rather involved. You would need to change the configuration of both the camera and the HDMI output. Not a project for the faint of heart.

0 Kudos