FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5919 Discussions

Arrow Sockit: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I just started experimenting with the Arrow SocKit board that has Cyclone V SoC + FPGA. 

I was provided with a BSP and Linux image by terasic. 

My development platform is windows and have installed Altera Design Suite 16, AOCL SDK 16. 

After programming the device, when I try to execute the kernel, I am having these errors: 

root@socfpga:~/testProgram# ./kernel 

./kernel: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by ./kernel) 

The version that is installed in linux is: 

root@socfpga:~# /lib/libc.so.6 

GNU C Library (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.15-0ubuntu10) stable release version 2.15, by Roland McGrath et al. 

Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc. 

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. 

There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A 

PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 

Compiled by GNU CC version 4.6.3. 

Compiled on a Linux 3.2.14 system on 2012-04-19. 

Available extensions: 

crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others 

GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson 

Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al 

Support for some architectures added on, not maintained in glibc core. 

BIND-8.2.3-T5B 

libc ABIs: UNIQUE 

How can I move from "Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.15" to "GLIBC_2.17". 

There was one thread in this forum where they moved to Angstrong filesystem (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/Documentation/AngstromOnSoCFPGA_1

I dont want to move to that filesystem. I want to be able to use the BSP + Linux that terasic provided. 

Thanks in advance. 

Waj (Newbie to SocKit)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Terasic provided the new BSP and I dont have this issue anymore.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Terasic provided the new BSP and I dont have this issue anymore. 

--- Quote End ---  

Can you please provide me a link to this new BSP? I'm having the same issue, following the instructions on rocketboards (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/arrowsockitopencl). The HelloWorld and VectorAdd both work fine; however, as soon as I mod either file and run the (new) makefile for my own host file, I get this error. I thought it was because I'm using SoC EDS Command Line to make the project instead of "Visual Studio 2010", but it sounds like it is the BSP?? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Christnp, 

Do you want to try this link? 

http://mail.terasic.com.tw/~keith/sockit_bsp/sockit_opencl_bsp_16.0.zip
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks linglip, I will give that a try this evening!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello christnp, i am having the same issue whilw running the hostfile on device. Did the above link with the BSP work for you. As iam still having issues it says "Board 'sockit' not found". My environmental variables are set to the folder "C:\altera\16.0\hld\board\sockit_opencl_BSP_16.0\sockit". Please suggest me a solution. 

linglip can you also help me with the. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Vinil, 

I apologize for the late response, I took a break form this task for a short time and never implemented the new BSP. You have probably resolved your issue, but I will be working on it again this evening. To close the loop, I will post my result to this forum.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have tried the new BSP and I am not able to compile it -- I have followed the steps in the README.txt that comes with the BSP as well as the tutorial provided on RocketBoards. In both cases, I can get through the "first stage compilation" successfully but then fails after running for a few minutes with the error "Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware." I have tried changing the *.xml board description files since they do not reflect version 16.0 and I've tried changing the Makefile to reflect the appropriate board (sockit_sharedonly). Those did not change the outcome. I've been running everything out of SoC EDS Command Line; I'm currently running aoc from DOS to see if there is some directory structure issue (which would be lame if this was an issue). 

At any rate, here is what I'm running: 

Design Software: 

Quartus Prime Lite 16.0 w/ OpenCL SDK 16.0 

SoC EDS 16.0 

Targeting:  

Arrow SoCKit Evaluation Board, Cyclone V SoC 5CSXFC6D6F31C8NES 

I'm working with Terasic to resolve the issue, but while I wait for a response I figured I'd updated this thread. Also, has anyone else ran into this issue? 

EDIT (1): Same result running from Windows DOS CMD, as I'd hoped. 

EDIT (2): I ran it again with the vector_add example and monitored the memory all the way through; I have 16GB of memory installed and the compilation fails with ~1.7GB of free memory.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Anyone able to offer any advice on this one?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Christnp, 

Do you want to try this link? 

http://mail.terasic.com.tw/~keith/sockit_bsp/sockit_opencl_bsp_16.0.zip 

--- Quote End ---  

It's been a few days, so I wanted to bring this topic back up. Has anyone been able to compile an OpenCL project in Quartus Prime Lite 16.0? Second to that, has anyone had any success targeting the Arrow Cyclone V SoC Kit using the BSP provided in the quote? Terasic is trying to help me, but so far no luck. I'm waiting for Altera support to respond to my support ticket.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Update: It appears that Quartus Prime Lite 16.0.0.211/16.0.2.222 has a bug that will not allow it to run the Altera OpenCL Compiler (AOC) successfully. I was able to get it to run using Quartus Prime Standard 16.0.2.222. I have submitted a ticket to the support to inquire more about this issue.

0 Kudos